Welcome!

Welcome!

My place to talk art supplies.
What I have, what I use, what I like and why.
Books I've found useful, tools that are cool and fun.

And a place to earn a bit of money, since I am an affiliate for some of the companies that sell these products.

Hope you'll find something useful here.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mechanical Pencil

My favorite and best mechanical pencil, which I use for anything and everything, is the Mars Staedtler 780.
It feels solid in my hand, is just the right thickness, and has interchangeable graphite refills. Most of the time I have an HB lead in mine. (That's a middle of the road graphite.) You can put hard graphite in the pencil, all the way up to a 4H, or the softer leads in the B's, down to 4B. (which would be very soft.)

My favorite thing about this pencil, besides the fact of the changeable refills, is the sharp point....


Which you get by using the sharpener, called a pointer, pictured below. You stick the extended point of your pencil into the hole of the sharpener, rotate it, and get a wonderful sharp point in seconds. You can take the top off to dump the graphite dust, or use it for drawing. (Dust drawing). The little white area on the pointer is for wiping off your point.

All of these are available thru Amazon, the links are in the sidebar.
And yes, I do get a small kick back (as an Amazon affiliate) if you buy thru one of the links here. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment